Et tanta stultitia mortalium est

My photo
Willoughby, WA, United States

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Portland Oregon resident gives up bus seat to riders by driving her own car

Dateline, Portland Oregon.

        A local area driver is doing her part for the community and public transit.  Miss Nancy True, a Portland area resident, understands the frustration of not being able to find a seat on public transit.  In a bold move, she has committed to helping the community by driving her own car and saving the financially strapped publicly funded transit agency from investing in more buses and drivers.

In a public park press conference, Miss True stated, "I must do my part for the world by driving my own car so an extra seat will be available on the bus.  By driving my own car, my local gas station and mechanic will have a customer they would not have if I rode the bus.  There will be more fuel taxes that I will pay to support my government and community.  I am helping the tax payer, the economy, and those who need the bus."

This humble reporter says bravo to Miss True for helping the planet.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to say, some people's logic actually runs like that. Amusing read.

    ReplyDelete